Practice free BPSC mock test to prepare for BPSC 67th PT 2021 exam. The BPSC test series pack is prepared by our expert faculties based on the latest exam pattern. The questions provided in the online test series for the BPSC 67th PT exam come with detailed solutions.
BPSC TEST SERIES (Geography of Bihar)-in English
#1. Which of the following rocks is found in the western Champaran district of Bihar?
Option 3 is correct, There are four types of rocks found in Bihar 1 Dharwad Rock –
• This is basically an igneous rock. It is found in the south-eastern part of Bihar – Munger, Jammu, Biharsharif, Nawada, Rajgir, Bodh Gaya, etc.
2. Vindhyan rock –
• This rock is found in the southwestern part of Bihar.
• It extends into the Rohtas and Kaimur districts north of the Son River.
3. Tertiary rock –
• This rock is found in the south range of the Himalayas.
• Sand-stone and boulder clay rocks are foun in this category.
• It is in the West Champaran district of Bihar.
4. Quaternary rock –
• This rock is found as a crusted rock
#2. Smoke Kund Falls of Bihar is on which of the following rivers?
• The river falling from the rocks of the mountains is called the waterfall.
Major waterfalls in Bihar, their elevation (in feet), river and their position
#3. Which of the following pairs are correctly matched?
The correct answer is Quartz – Rohtas.
o Quartz is a hard, crystalline mineral composed of silica (silicon dioxide).
o The atoms are linked in a continuous framework of Si04 silicon-oxygen tetrahedra, with each oxygen being shared between two tetrahedra, giving an overall chemical formula of SiO2.
o Quartz is the second most abundant mineral in Earth’s continental crust, behind feldspar.
o Quartz exists in two forms, the normal a-quartz, and the high temperature ß-quartz, both of which are chiral.
o Quartz is found in Bihar at Rohtas.
#4. Which of the following district of Bihar has lowest female literacy rate as per census 2011?
The correct answer is Saharsa.
• The least populous district of Bihar is Sheikhpura.
• As per the 2011 Census:
O Population of Bihar- 103,804,637
• Rate of Increase in Population- 25.07% o Male- 5,41,85,357
o Female- 4,96,19,290
Literacy Rate in Bihar- 61.8%
o Male- 71.2% o Female- 51.5%
o Highest Literacy Rate in Bihar
73.7% in Rohtas.
o Lowest Literacy rate in Biha 51.08% in Purnia.
o Highest Female literacy rate
in Bihar- 64.98% in Munger. o Lowest Female literacy Rate
in Bihar- 33.05% in Saharsa.
• Highest Male literacy rate in Bihar 68.79% in Rohtas.
o Lowest Male literacy Rate in Bihar 47.63% in Katihar.
#5. Bihar does not share its border with which of the following states?
The correct answer is Odisha.
• Bihar shares its border with 3 states and 1 country. these are – Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, West Bengal, and Nepal.
• There are only seven districts in Bihar that share the boundary with Nepal. These districts are:
o West Champaran
o East Champaran
o Madhubani Supaul
Kishanganj • There are only three districts in Bihar that
share the boundary with West Bengal.
These districts are
• There are only seven districts in Bihar
that share the boundary with U.P.
• There are only eight districts in Bihar that share the boundary with Jharkhand.
#6. Which of the following district is related to Western Kosi Canal System under the Kosi multipurpose project?
The correct answer is Madhubani.
Kosi multipurpose project is related to the Bihar state.
This project is mainly divided into 2 parts –
• East Kosi Canal System –
o With this canal system, irrigation is done in the districts of Madhepura, Saharsa, Purnia, Katihar, etc. in Bihar.
o Its total length is 44km.
Western Kosi Canal System –
o With this canal system, irrigation is done in the districts of Madhubani, Darbhanga, Muzaffarpur, etc. in Bihar.
o Its total length is 115km.
Kosi Multipurpose Project o It is a joint water project of the
governments of India and Nepal. o It was built in 1954 by the Government of India and the Government of Nepal under an agreement that was revised again in 1961
#7. Which of the following is responsible for the rainfall during monsoon in Bihar?
The correct answer is southwest monsoon.
• The rainfall during the monsoon in Bihar due to the southwest monsoon.
• The rainy season beings in June and
stays till September.
• The onset of monsoon winds in the eastern part is from June 8 and in the western part, it is June 15.
• A low-pressure center develops over the
plain while high-pressure centres develop
over the northern Bay of Bengal.
. This difference in pressure causes rain bearing winds to blow towards the Indian plain.
• The Himalayas in the north and foreland of peninsular India constrict its passage, causing heavy rainfall in eastern and northern Bihar.
. The highest rainfall in the plains occurs in the Kishanganj district, where the average rainfall is 2177 mm.
#8. Vindhyans rocks are found in which of the following districts of Bihar?
The correct answer is Rohtas.
Geological Structure of Bihar:
o Bihar plain is the youngest to be formed.
o Dharwar rocks – South-eastern Bihar – Jamui, Nawada, Munger districts Rajgir, Bodh Gaya, etc.
• Vindhyan rocks – South-western Bihar – Kaimur, Rohtas districts.
o Plateau region – extends as a narrow belt from Kaimur district to Banka district.
o Younger rocks to the north, older rocks to the south.
o North-west is Terai, Central is Gangetic plain, and south is a plateau region.
#9. Which of the following is a north flowing river of Bihar?
The correct answer is Sone.
• Son is the north-flowing
The correct answer is Sone. Key Points
• Son is the north-flowing river of Bihar. Gandak, Kamla, Kosi are the south
flowing river of Bihar. • Son river originates from
the Amarkantak plateau in
the Anuppur district of Madhya Pradesh.
o Son River flows through Shahdol district in Madhya Pradesh state before turning sharply eastward where it encounters the southwest northeast Kaimur Range.
o It flows through Madhya
Pradesh, Chhatisgarh, Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, and finally joins Ganga in Bihar near Patna.
river of Bihar. Gandak, Kamla, Kosi are the south
flowing river of Bihar. • .
#10. Uranium is found in which of the following district of Bihar?
The correct answer is Gaya.
• Uranium is found in the Gaya District of Bihar.
• It is found in the Singhbhum and Hazaribagh districts of Jharkhand.
#11. Golden Quadrilateral Highway passes through Bihar in close proximity to which of the following districts?
The correct answer is More than one of the
• Golden Quadrilateral Highway passes through Kaimur, Sasaram, Aurangabad, Gaya and Patna district of Bihar.
. These districts are well connected to this highway via branch roads.
• It provides connectivity to major industrial, agricultural, and cultural centres of India.
• The length of the Golden Quadrilateral Highway that passes through the State, is 204 km.
#12. Which of the following type of soil is found in the eastern part of Bihar?
The correct answer is Terai Soil.
• Terai Soil is found in the eastern part of Bihar along the border of Nepal.
• Piedmont Swamp Soil is found in the northwestern part of the West Champaran district of Bihar.
• The most common soil is the Gangetic alluvium of the Indo-Gangetic plain region in Bihar.
• Sand soil, clay soil, and loamy soil are
common in Bihar.
• This soil is deficient in nitrogen, phosphoric acid, and humus but lime and potash are usually present in sufficient quantity.
Alluvial soil- It is spread over a maximum area in Bihar
#13. As per Koppen's climate classification, the climate of which part of Bihar has been designated as 'AW'?
The correct answer is Southern Bihar.
• As per Koppen’s climate classification, the climate of Southern Bihar has been designated as ‘AW i.e: Tropical Savannah type climate
• While the climate of Nothern Bihar is designated as CWa i.e: Monsoon type climatewith dry winters.
More from us
BPSC Syllabus 2021 –CLICK HERE
Foreign Invasions in India –CLICK HERE
The Rise and Growth of the Gupta Empire– CLICK HERE
Early Vedic Period (1500 BC – 1000 BC) – CLICK HERE
Indus Valley Civilization – CLICK HERE
Chronology of Important Events in Indian History –CLICK HERE
Bihar State Exam Study Material: Complete Notes for –CLICK HERE
Daily, Monthly, Yearly Current Affairs Digest, Daily Editorial Analysis, Free PDF’s & more, Join our Telegram – CLICK HERE