Airtel and Intel announce collaboration
• Bharti Airtel and Intel have announced a collaboration.
.•Both will develop a 5G network by leveraging virtualized radio access network (VRAN) and open radio access network (O-RAN) technologies.
• Airtel will deploy Intel’s latest 3rd gen Xeon® Scalable processors, FPGAs and eASICs, and Ethernet 800 series across its network to build a solid foundation for rolling out wide-scale 5G.
Russia to deliver 21 MiG-29 fighters to India
• Russia has handed over to India a commercial offer to deliver 21 MiG-29 fighters.
• The Indian Air Force staff received a tender request for the supply of 21 aircraft in 2021.
▪ The Air Force has three squadrons of the MiG-29s, a twin-engine single-seat air superiority fighter aircraft, which have been undergoing upgrades for extended life and are considered reliable in the air defence roles.
India’s first green hydrogen plant to be built
▪ Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) will build the nation’s first “green hydrogen” plant at its Mathura refinery.
• It aims to prepare for a future catering to the growing demand for both oil and cleaner forms of energy.
• It will not set captive power plants at all its future refinery and petrochemical expansion projects and instead use the 250 MW of electricity it produces from renewable sources.
“SMILE” scheme for beggars formulated
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has formulated a scheme “SMILE – Support for Marginalized Individuals for Livelihood and Enterprise”
▪ This scheme covers several comprehensive measures including welfare measures for beggars.
. The focus of the scheme is extensively on rehabilitation, skill development, provision of medical facilities, education, economic linkages, and so on.
LIC launches new health insurance plan called Arogya Rakshak
•Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) has launched new health insurance plan titled as Arogya Rakshak
•It is a non-linked, non-participating, regular premium and individual health insurance plan
•It provides fixed health insurance cover against certain specified health risks and provides timely support in case of medical emergencies.
•It will be available for principal insurers, spouses and parents up to 80 years and for children up to 25 years.
Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi appointed as Deputy Leader of Rajya Sabha
•Union minister for minority affairs, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi has been appointed as the Deputy Leader of the House in Rajya Sabha.
•He succeeded Piyush Goyal, who has been appointed as the Leader of the House in the Upper House (Rajya Sabha).
•Rajya Sabha or Council of States: Upper house of the bicameral Parliament of India. It has a maximum membership of 245, of which 233 are elected by the legislatures of the states and UTs while President can appoint 12 members.
Russia to conduct military drills with Uzbekistan, Tajikistan near Afghan
•Russia will conduct military drills with Tajikistan and uzbekistan near the border with Afghanistan,
Joint drills will take place from 5th to 10th August at the Kharbmaidon training ground in Tajikistan near the Afghan border.
•The troops will run drills to defeat illegal armed units that invaded the territory of an allied country.
•Troops from a Russian military base in Tajikistan and the Central Military District will take part in the games.
IBM signs 10-year partnership with BIAL
• IBM Corp. and Bangalore International Airport Ltd (BIAL) have signed a 10-year partnership deal.
•Under the deal, IBM and Kyndryl will provide IT solutions to create a new “Airport in a Box” platform to transform the travel experience for passengers.
• The platform also will generate artificial intelligence (Al)-powered insights to optimise inventory management and total cost of ownership.
For more join
Join our whatsapp group-CLICK HERE