Adani Group takes management control of Mumbai International Airport
•Adani Airport Holdings Limited (AAHL) has taken over the management control of the world class Mumbai International Airport (MIAL), by both passenger and cargo traffic, from the GVK Group.
.With this, Adani has become the largest airport infrastructure company in India.
•Now, it accounts for a total of eight airports in its management and development portfolio, accounting for 25% of airport footfalls.
.It will also control 33% of the country’s air cargo traffic
India to get its first pod taxi service
▪ India will see its first pod taxi running between Noida Airport and Noida Film City.
▪ Pod taxis have been a popular mode of commute in several western countries and can accommodate four to six passengers per car.
• Indian Port Rail and Ropeway Corporation Limited have submitted the final DPR (Detailed Project Report) to Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority for the project.
Government issues two gazette notifications
. Government has issued two gazette notifications for the jurisdiction of Krishna and Godavari River Management Boards.
Jal Shakti Ministry has notified the jurisdiction in terms of administration, regulation, operation, and maintenance of listed projects in both rivers in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
. This step is expected to ensure judicious utilization of water resources in the two states.
Web Werks signs MoU with Karnataka government
• Web Werks, one of India’s independent data center providers, has signed an MoU with the Government of Karnataka.
• It will set up a data center in Bangalore.
. It will be investing 750 crores in the project which will be fully operational in 2 years.
. The government of Karnataka will aid this development by facilitating required permissions, registrations, approvals, and clearances.
Automated toilet sewerage disposal system
▪ An automated technology for the collection of toilet waste which is easy to maintain and 7 times cheaper alternative to the bio-toilets, has been developed.
. It can be used to maintain the toilet system of the Indian Railways.
• The technology developed by Dr. R.V. Krishnaiah from Chebrolu Engineering College is an automated system for the collection of toilet waste from running trains.
93rd foundation day of ICAR celebrated
▪ Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR) celebrated its 93rd foundation day virtually on 16 July 2021.
. As part of the celebration, Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar announced awards in various categories.
• ICAR is an autonomous body responsible for coordinating agricultural education and research in India.
. It was founded in 1929.
IBM skills 5000 youth in data science
IBM Corp. in partnership with Nasscom Foundation has skilled about 5,000 underserved youth in data science and cloud computing, from Karnataka, Telangana, and Delhi-NCR.
. As part of IBM SkillsBuild career readiness program, both worked with 23 colleges to certify enrolled students on IBM-certified courses on emerging technologies 2019.
▪ 2000 students have already been placed in jobs.
For more, join our whatsapp group-CLICK HERE