High Court of J&K and Ladakh renamed
• A notification has been issued by the Ministry of Law and Justice informing that the nomenclature ‘Common High Court of UT of Jammu and Kashmir and UT of Ladakh’ has been changed.
. It is now the ‘High Court of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh!
• President Ram Nath Kovind has signed the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation (Removal of Difficulties) Order, 2021, to effect the change.
ICC inducts Mongolia, Tajikistan as members
• The International Cricket Council (ICC) has inducted Mongolia, Tajikistan, and Switzerland as members at its 78th Annual General Meeting.
. The meeting, which was conducted virtually, welcomed Mongolia and Tajikistan as the 22nd and 23rd members of the Asia region, while Switzerland is Europe’s 35th member.
• ICC now comprises 106 members in total, including 94 associates.
World record for fastest internet speed
▪ Researchers in Japan have set a new world record for the world’s fastest internet speed at 319 Terabytes per second in the form of a long-haul transmission over 3,001 kilometres.
This is almost double the last record of the fastest internet speed in the world held by researchers from the University College of London.
. The speed was 178 Tbps.
▪ One terabyte means 1,000 gigabytes.
Documentary on traditional Polo game
▪ Famous International Polo Magazine, LA Polo Delhi in collaboration with Himalayan sports and cultural development organization, and Polo Promotion Committee Kargil are working on a promotional documentary in Ladakh.
• They are shooting different aspects of the Game in context with Ladakh particularly related to the traditional natural game of Polo.
• The shoot is going on in Drass.
Fastest Indian opener to reach 6000 ODI runs
Shikhar Dhawan became the fastest Indian opener to reach the 6000-run mark in ODI cricket, crossing the milestone in the series opener against Sri Lanka in Colombo on 18 July 2021.
. Dhawan is the second-fastest opener in the world to cross the feat behind Hashim Amla, who went past the mark in 126 innings.
• He is also fourth on the all-time list behind Amla, Virat Kohli, and Kane Williamson.
RBI releases a data on private sector
- The Reserve Bank of India has released data on the performance of the private corporate sector during the fourth quarter of 2020-21.
• Sales of 1,633 manufacturing companies surged by 31.0 percent on-year on a year basis in Q4:2020-21 as compared with 7.4 percent growth in the previous quarter.
• Sales growth of IT sector companies accelerated to 6.4 percent in the last quarter of FY 2021.
Rs 4,500 cr pulled out from equities market
• Foreign investors pulled out over Rs 4,500 cr . from the Indian equities market so far in Jul’21.
. According to the depositories data, Foreign Portfolio Investors or FPIs invested Rs 3,033 cr into the debt segment in the same period, resulting in a net outflow of Rs1,482 cr from the Indian capital markets.
. Prior to this, FPIs invested Rs 17,215 cr in the Indian equities markets in June.
Rapper Biz Markie passed away in July 2021. He was famously known as “The Clown Prince of Hip Hop. He also expanded his career to acting, appearing in several films and TV shows, including “Men in Black II”
• Mat George, a popular podcaster and internet personality, passed away in July 2021. He was also a co-host on the podcast “She Rates Dogs” with Michaela Okland.
Razorpay acquires lending startup TERA Finlabs
Razorpay has acquired artificial intelligence (Al)-based risk analysis platform, TERA Finlabs, marking its third acquisition since inception.
• TERA Finlabs provides risk management software, along with customized credit offerings.
Razorpay will be leveraging the acquisition for its small and medium enterprise (SME)-based lending business, Razorpay Capital, which was launched in 2019.
Tencent to buy Sumo in $1.3 billion deal
. Chinese tech giant Tencent Holdings will buy video game company Sumo Group in a deal that values the British firm at 919 million pounds ($1.27 billion).
. Tencent has an 8.75% stake and is the second-biggest stakeholder in the company, which has 14 studios in five countries with more than 1,200 employees.
For more join telegram group-CLICK HERE