PM to inaugurate Convention Centre named Rudraksh in Varanasi
▪PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated International Cooperation and Convention Centre named as ‘Rudraksh’ in Varanasi, which has been constructed with Japanese assistance.
•The centre will provide opportunities for social and cultural interactions between people.
•It is ideal for holding international conferences, exhibitions and music concerts and other events
•It has murals depicting Varanasi’s art, culture and music and its roof is shaped like a Shiva Linga.
India’s first ‘Grain ATM’ in Haryana
Haryana government has set up India’s first-ever ‘Grain ATM’ as a pilot project in Gurugram.
• The newly installed machines can dispense approximately 70 kg of grains in five to seven minutes’ time.
.The ATMs will provide relief to the consumers who wait in long queues to get the ration outside depots.
.The grain machine is equipped with biometry and a touch screen.
Gokulam FC to represent India in AFC C’ship
• The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has nominated Gokulam Kerala FC to represent India in the AFC Club Championship 2020-21.
. The winners of the Women League compete in the tournament but since it will not be held, the national federation nominated the champions of the fourth edition.
. The 5th edition was originally supposed to be held in Bhubaneswar by Odisha Sports with AIFF.
Italy bans cruise ships from Venice lagoon
• Italy has banned cruise ships from the Venice . lagoon.
• Cruise companies will have to scrap Venice from their itineraries until the industrial port of Marghera is repurposed for passenger use.
▪ The government has appointed a commissioner to fast-track the job, which would ordinarily take about six months.
Naval exercise ‘Shield’ held in Mumbai
▪ A tri-nation tabletop anti-narcotics and maritime search and rescue exercise, ‘Exercise Shield’, was held between Indian and Sri Lankan Navies and Maldives National Defence Force through virtual mode.
. The tabletop exercise and simulation were held virtually on July 14 and 15, 2021.
. It was coordinated by Maritime Warfare Centre (MWC) in Mumbai.
Maruti Suzuki to set up a new plant
▪ Maruti Suzuki has decided to set up a new plant in Haryana with an annual production capacity of 7.5-10 lakh units.
• The project will see an investment of around Rs. 18,000 crore.
• The upcoming factory will replace the brand’s Gurugram-based facility.
▪ Maruti Suzuki began its India operations in 1983 by rolling out the Maruti 800 from its Gurugram facility.
Bezos donates $200 mn to Smithsonian
▪ Jeff Bezos will donate $200 million to Smithsonian, the largest gift the institution has received since its founding in 1846.
• A $70 million portion will go to renovating the National Air and Space Museum and $130 million will be used to launch a new education center.
• It will also help enable a technological transformation of the museum’s galleries and public spaces.
‘Assam Cattle Preservation Bill, 2021‘
▪ The Assam Cattle Preservation Bill, 2021 was tabled in the Assam Legislative Assembly in July 2021.
• It bars the sale and purchase of beef or beef products in areas predominantly inhabited by Hindu, Jain, Sikh, and other non-beef-eating communities, or within a radius of 5 km of any temple or satt
. It aims to regulate the “slaughter, consumption, illegal transportation” of cattle.
UNWFP partners with Rajasthan government
• The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in India and the Rajasthan government have joined hands to improve the Targeted Public Distribution System (TDPS) in the state.
• An agreement has been signed in this regard.
. The partnership will provide a real-time and long-term solution to improve the food and nutritional security for millions.
To join telegram group-CLICK HERE
To join whatsapp group-CLICK HERE