A declaration adopted by BRICS nations
. In the BRICS Labour and Employment Ministers’ Meeting under India’s Presidency on 15 July 2021, the BRICS Labour and Employment Ministers’ Declaration was adopted.
. It recognizes that the COVID-19 pandemic has negatively impacted the efforts made to address unemployment, decent work deficits and inequality.
. In the meeting, discussion on four priority areas of cooperation took place.
RBI cancels licence of a bank
• The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cancelled the licence of Dr Shivajirao Patil Nilangekar Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd, Nilanga, Latur, as it does not have adequate capital and earning prospects.
. The bank does not have adequate capital and earning prospects, and as such, it does not comply with the provisions of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
Bandaru Dattatreya: 18th Governor of Haryana
• Former Union Minister Bandaru Dattatreya was sworn in as the 18th Governor of Haryana on 15 July 2021.
▪ he was administered the oath of office by Punjab and Haryana High Court Chief Justice Ravi Shanker Jha at a function at the Raj Bhavan.
. He was the Governor of Himachal Pradesh before being moved to Haryana.
• He succeeds Satyadeo Narain Arya, who has been moved to Tripura.
The Drone Rules, 2021 released
Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) has released ‘The Drone Rules, 2021’ for public consultation.
They will replace the UAS Rules 2021 (released on 12th March 2021).
. There will be a minimal human interface on the digital sky platform and most permissions will be self-generated.
▪ Safety features like ‘No Permission – No Take-off’ (NPNT) will be notified in the future.
Grievance management application launched
• Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched an Artificial Intelligence (Al)-powered grievance management application in New Delhi on July 15, 2021.
. It has been developed by the Ministry of Defence with the help of IIT-Kanpur.
. This is the first Al-based system developed to improve grievance redressal in the government.
Sania Mirza gets 10-year Dubai Golden Visa
▪ Sania Mirza has been officially granted the Dubai Golden Visa.
. This will allow Sania and her husband Shoaib Malik, former Pakistan cricket captain, 10-year residency in the UAE.
After Bollywood actors Shah Rukh Khan and Sanjay Dutt, Sania is the third Indian personality to receive this coveted honour.
. She will next be seen in the upcoming Tokyo Olympics
School Innovation Ambassador Training Program
• Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda will jointly launch the School Innovation Ambassador Training Program on 16 July 21.
. It aims to train 50,000 school teachers on innovation, entrepreneurship, design thinking, product development, and idea generation.
. It has been designed by Innovation Cell of the Ministry of Education and AICTE for School Teachers.
UN report on world hunger and malnutrition
• World hunger and malnutrition levels worsened dramatically in 2020, with most of the increase likely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This was given in a multi-agency United Nations (UN) report.
. The number of undernourished people rose to about 768 million – equivalent to 10 per cent of the world’s population and an increase of about 118 million versus 2019.
Google Cloud launches second ‘cloud region’
. Google has launched its second cloud region in Delhi NCR, India.
. With its latest launch, Google now has 26 cloud regions, 79 zones, and 146 points of presence worldwide.
▪ In the Asia Pacific, Delhi NCR marks the 10th region.
• In India, the first cloud region was set up in Mumbai in 2017.
Income limit increased for OBC certificate
• Andhra Pradesh govt has enhanced the income limit for issuances of Other Backward Classes certificate from Rs 6 lakh to Rs 8 lakh per annum.
▪ 10% of reservations in admissions into . educational institutions and appointments in the posts and services for EWS have been made.
. It has also increased the Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) eligibility cap of gross annual family income to Rs 8 lakh.
High concentration of methane found on Saturn
• NASA’s Cassini spacecraft has detected an unusually high concentration of methane in the moons of Saturn.
The spacecraft has found that Titan has methane in its atmosphere and Enceladus has a liquid ocean with erupting plumes of gas and water.
. An international research team has used new statistical methods to understand if methanogenesis by microbes could explain the molecular hydrogen.
To join telegram group-CLICK HERE